- Ammucare is a registered non-profit organisation formed by P.K. Mohan (Mohanji) in India in 2003 in honor of his daughter Ammu, who passed away at the tender age of 4 in a tragic road accident.
- Though registered in Kerala, India it has grown beyond regional barriers to be accepted by a wide spectrum of people from different parts of the world. As a charity platform it has given an opportunity to many like-minded people in their efforts to channel their individual contributions and efforts.
- Ammucare aspires to bring to all its volunteers, peace, happiness and higher evolution, by expanding their personal world to encompass the entire universe and thereby being transformed to be an integral part of the universe.
- It is dedicated to caring for all life on earth.
- Ammucare works throughout the world to provide resources and services such as food, shelter, clothing, medical care, education and other means of support that empower and uplift the helpless and needy.
- Ammucare aims at higher evolution, by expanding one's personal world to encompass the entire universe and transforming into an integral part of the universe.
About Ammucare – In the words of its Founder Mohanji:
"Ammucare happened. I had no intention to start any charity organisation. After Ammu's death, there was a big vacuum. Everything seemed empty and incoherent. The very purpose of life ahead was a big question mark. So, after the year 2000 August 23rd, I was coming to terms with myself. Then a series of further tragedies happened. I lost my job, I contracted a skin allergy which was painful and irritating, I separated from my wife, I lost all my savings in a house deal, my belongings got stolen etc . That phase was indeed traumatic. One by one, God took away all that I was attached to, or belonged to this entity called Mohan. I became completely naked and abandoned. It was at that time, when an old saint threw the seeds of a charity organisation in my mind. It made no sense to me at that time because the usual questions such as who, why, when, what, where, how etc were blocking the free thinking. Yet, the saint's words kept ringing in my ears "Do something for the children of mother earth. You will have eternal peace".
Eventually, Ammucare Happened!!! It was formed on the basis of two pillars "Unconditional Love" and "Care Beyond all Man-Made Barriers" such as caste, creed, countries, communities, colours, and all other barriers that man has created. This theme was formed when I was staying briefly at Vanamali Ashram in the banks of Ganges. When I presented this to Mother Vanamali, she blessed this and said "All those who are associated with Ammucare, will have their lives enhanced". This has literally happened. Many positive changes have happened to people who have been associated with Ammucare. This is divine grace. So, divinity made it happen. Divinity keeps it going. I am just an instrument of the glorious divine."