300 Children from underserved background being loved and care for unconditionally
Bridging the gap
Bridging the gap between learning
Mohanji ka Aangan is an act of love for children. It is an initiative taken by Ammucare to provide basic learning facilities to underprivileged children. The children at Aangan do not have access to formal education. Some work in the mornings to lend a hand to the family income, losing out on educational opportunities. The Aanganhence operates asan informal school and play area, impartingbasic knowledge and creative skills to the children. At Mohanji ka Aangan, wefoster a conducive environment and procure means to facilitate learning.
Apart from providing basic learning facilities to the underserved children, the Aanganensures holistic development and extra-curricular learning. Children are encouraged to take up creative activities such as dancing, singing and painting. Programs and competitions are held occasionally to hone and express their talent. Moreover, awareness sessions on mental and physical health and hygiene are conducted to relay the importance of self-care.
With the ever-increasing love and support, Mohanji ka Aangan -an idea that began as a small shack in the slums – has now proliferated into 5 working Aangans in Pune, Jammu, Delhi and Bangalore (North and South).
- Bangalore (South and North)
- Rs. 100 per child for refreshments
- Rs. 500 per child for learning kits: school bags, notebooks, stationary, toys, etc.
- Rs. 400 per child for indoor &outdoor games
- Rs. 10,000 for teacher support
- Rs. 20,000 to organise educational trip for kids
- 10,000 for regular refreshments, teacher’s remuneration & rent in Pune
- 15,000 for regular refreshments, teacher’s remuneration & rent in Delhi
- 16,000 for regular refreshments, teacher’s remuneration, rent in Bangalore (South)
- 16,000 for regular refreshments, teacher’s remuneration, rent in Bangalore (North)
- 12,000 for indoor & outdoor Games for each aangan
- 20,000 to organise educational trip for kids for each aangan.
Our Aangans are places of rejuvenation and joy. You can create new experiences by:
Organising workshops on any subjects like arts, dancing, sports, yoga, music doing story telling sessions
Organising learning exposure visits to museums, libraries and cultural spaces
Conducting medical camps for children and their parents
If an idea comes to you to better our blooming Aangans, feel free to contact us. We honour every way of you reaching out to us!