“PITRUPAKSHA ANNADAAN SEVA – Day 8”
Pitrupaksha is a period to pay homage to one’s ancestors. We express gratitude to our ancestors by performing the sacred rituals and performing annadaan (food donation). This year the period is from 2nd to 17th September.
During this period, Ammucare is performing annadaan for saints and needy people by the river Ganges at the holy cities of Varanasi, Haridwar and Rishikesh, Tiruvannamalai and cow feeding in Shirdi.
On the 8th day of the PITRU PAKSHA,
1) At Haridwar, breakfast consisting of Tea, snacks, and bananas were served to 300 Sadhus and needy people.
And in the lunch, Rice, dal, and Curd was served along with Laddoo for 300 people.
And the Dinner was served for more than 150 people .
2) From yesterday at Varanasi, bhandara was started in the KABIR MUTT, where 50 inmates were served breakfast and lunch. And also lunch was served for 100 people with Bangla Bath and Sweet at the Kashi Gayatri Mutt in Varanasi.
3) At Rishikesh,160 needy people and Sadhus were served lunch and dinner. They were served with Puri ( on the request of Sadhus), Sabzi, along with Rice and Dal.
The food is being prepared for the distribution at the Swami Narayan Ashram in Rishikesh..
4) As part of PITRPAKSHA SEVA, Annadan was also conducted around the main temple in TIRUVANNAMALAI,
5) Ammucare team is also feeding cows in Shirdi daily in this period of PITRUPAKSHA.