Pitrupaksha is a period to pay homage to one’s ancestors. We express gratitude to our ancestors by performing the sacred rituals and performing annadaan (food donation). This year the period is from 2nd to 17th September.
During this period, Ammucare is performing annadaan for saints and needy people by the river Ganges at the holy cities of Varanasi, Haridwar and Rishikesh, Tiruvannamalai and cow feeding in Shirdi.
On the 11th day of the PITRU PAKSHA,
1) At Haridwar, breakfast consisting of Tea and rusks were served to more than 350 Sadhus and needy people.
And in the lunch, Idli and Sambar was served ( on the request of Sadhus) for more than 300 people.
And the Dinner was served for 240 people which consisted of Vegetable Pulav, Mausambi and laddoo.
2) At Varanasi, bhandara was started in the KABIR MUTT, where 60 inmates were served lunch. And also lunch was served for 100 people with Pongal and laddoo at the Kashi Gayatri Mutt in Varanasi.
3) At Rishikesh, 60 needy people and Sadhus were served lunch. They were served with Puri ( on the request of Sadhus), Sabzi, along with Rice and Dal. Dinner was served for 100 people.
The food is being prepared for the distribution at the Swami Narayan Ashram in Rishikesh..
4) Cows were fed with Paddy husk in Shirdi. This is being done daily in this period of PITRUPAKSHA.
5) At the Tiruvannamalai temple 750 people were served breakfast, lunch and dinner today as part of the Pitru Paksha Annadaan Seva.