Pitrupaksha is a period to pay homage to one’s ancestors. We express gratitude to our ancestors by performing the sacred rituals and performing annadaan (food donation). This year the period is from 2nd to 17th September.
During this period, Ammucare is performing annadaan for saints and needy people by the river Ganges at the holy cities of Varanasi, Haridwar and Rishikesh, Tiruvannamalai and cow feeding in Shirdi.
On the 14th day of the PITRU PAKSHA,
1) At Haridwar, breakfast consisting of Tea and biscuits were served to more than 300 Sadhus and needy people.
And in the lunch Rice, Dal , Curd and Laddoo was served for more than 300 people.
In the dinner, Puri and Sabzi was served for more than 100 people.
2) At Varanasi, bhandara was started in the KABIR MUTT, where 100 inmates were served lunch. And also lunch was served for 100 people with Pulav and Sweet at the Kashi Gayatri Mutt in Varanasi.
Also In Varanasi, at the Dasa aswamedha ghat, many bikshukus were served lunch.
3) At Rishikesh, 60 needy people and Sadhus were served lunch. They were served with Puri, Sabzi, along with Rice and Dal. Dinner was served for 100 people.
The food is being prepared for the distribution at the Swami Narayan Ashram in Rishikesh..
4) Cows were fed with Bananas in Shirdi. This is being done daily in this period of PITRUPAKSHA.
5) At the Tiruvannamalai temple around 750 people were served Breakfast, lunch and dinner around the main temple today as part of the Pitru Paksha Annadaan Seva.