Pitrupaksha is a period to pay homage to one’s ancestors. We express gratitude to our ancestors by performing the sacred rituals and performing annadaan (food donation). This year the period is from 2nd to 17th September.
During this period, Ammucare is performing annadaan for saints and needy people by the river Ganges at the holy cities of Varanasi, Haridwar and Rishikesh, Tiruvannamalai and cow feeding in Shirdi.
On the 16th day of the PITRU PAKSHA,
1) At Haridwar, breakfast consisting of Tea and biscuits were served to more than 300 Sadhus and needy people.
And in the lunch Curd Rice and Laddoo was served for more than 300 people.
In the dinner, Pulav was served for more than 100 people.
2) At Varanasi, bhandara was started in the KABIR MUTT, where 100 inmates were served lunch. And also lunch was served for 100 people with Sweet at the Kashi Gayatri Mutt in Varanasi.
Also In Varanasi, at the Dasa aswamedha ghat, many bikshukus were served lunch.
3) At Rishikesh, Dinner was served for 100 people. The food is being prepared for the distribution at the Swami Narayan Ashram in Rishikesh..
4) Cows were fed in Shirdi. This is being done daily in this period of PITRUPAKSHA.
5) At the Tiruvannamalai temple around 830 people were served Breakfast, lunch and dinner around the main temple today as part of the Pitru Paksha Annadaan Seva.