Pitrupaksha is a period to pay homage to one’s ancestors. We express gratitude to our ancestors by performing the sacred rituals and performing annadaan (food donation). This year the period is from 2nd to 17th September.
During this period, Ammucare is performing annadaan for saints and needy people by the river Ganges at the holy cities of Varanasi, Haridwar and Rishikesh, Tiruvannamalai and cow feeding in Shirdi.
On the 17th day (last day) of the PITRU PAKSHA,
1) At Haridwar, from morning 8 am till 4 pm in the evening, Dal, Rice, Puri, Subji, Curd, Masks, Water and Soaps were distributed continuously for Sadhus and children.
Pitru Tarpan was also done on the banks of river Ganga.
2) At Varanasi, Litti Choka, Dal , Rice Kheer, Poori, Subji were distributed.
And bhandara was done in the KABIR MUTT, for the last day where 100 inmates were served lunch. And also lunch was served for 100 people with Pula and Laddoo at the Kashi Gayatri Mutt in Varanasi.
Also In Varanasi, at the Dasa aswamedha ghat, many bikshukus were served Pulav, Puri, Sabzi, Sweet for all bhikshus, and Sadhus.
3) At Rishikesh, Dinner was served for 100 people. The food is being prepared for the distribution at the Swami Narayan Ashram in Rishikesh. Today 10 young boys were also fed in the Swmai Narayan Ashrams who are learning Vedas.
4) Cows were fed in Shirdi on the last day of PITRUPAKSHA.
5) At the Tiruvannamalai temple around 1220 people were served Breakfast, lunch and dinner around the main temple today as part of the Pitru Paksha Annadaan Seva.